I love to talk writing! I have spoken at local libraries, indie bookstores, and my local Barnes & Noble. With more than thirty years experience, hundreds of published articles, a journalism award, and four Amazon bestselling books, I love sharing my knowledge with aspiring writers. I would love to come talk to your writing group, book club, or organization, about writing, whether it be freelance or getting started on that book. Contact me today for available dates and costs.
Writing Workshop Topics: workshops run from 1-2 hours
- You’ve got an idea for a book? You need a plan to execute it. Let’s talk!
- Plotting or Pantsing? The difference between the two most common writing strategies
- The first draft – getting from the beginning to the end
- Polishing, editing, and submitting your work
- Rejection, acceptance, and what to do next
- What to expect when you get that ‘yes!’
- Being a career author
General Topics for Writers:
- Managing your time most effectively
- The organized writer – planners, bullet journals & how to keep track of it all
- Be your own cheerleader – how to keep motivated on the journey
- ABL – always be learning. Honing your craft.